At UUCV, we come together to deepen our spiritual experience and philosophical understanding, grow a vital, nurturing community, and act on our values in the wider world.
To equip ourselves to live out this mission in a vibrant way, we are guided by our Congregational Covenant:
As members of UUCV, we commit our best efforts to inspiring and supporting each other in our quest for truth, meaning, and compassionate community.
To that end:
We aspire to practice acceptance
● by valuing our differences,
● by understanding each of us is acting to meet legitimate needs and
● by seeking progress, not perfection.
We work to nurture healthy relationships
● by listening wholeheartedly,
● by upholding our personal boundaries and respecting others' boundaries and
● by addressing conflict in a timely way.
We intentionally join ourselves in community, for we are stronger together. Therefore, we seek to
● honor the dedication and work of our volunteers,
● put the good of the congregation before personal preference and
● celebrate the moments when we bring each other joy, comfort, and hope.
May it be so.